Experienced Attorney in Alameda CA
Andrew Dósa, Esq.
Andrew Alexander Dósa is a trial attorney with more than 36 years of experience in civil/business litigation, criminal defense, personal injury claims, and estate planning. Mr. Dósa received his law degree from the University of San Francisco and his undergraduate degree in political science from the University of California at Berkeley.
He is admitted to practice in all California Courts and the U. S. Northern and Eastern District Courts in California, and he is a member of the California State Bar, Alameda County Bar Association, and Christian Legal Society.
Trusted Alameda Trial Attorney
As an Alameda CA trial attorney, Andrew has a record of over 15 jury trials, 60 court trials, more than 60 arbitrations and mediation sessions, and handling of all aspects of litigation involving criminal, real estate, business, tort, and trust/probate law. Significant legal research, analysis, and writing. Extensive experience appearing before state and federal courts, administrative boards, and agencies.
Estate Planning Attorney & Author in Alameda, CA
He co-authored “Estate Planning from God’s Perspective,” contributed to the technology column of the California Lawyer, and has written articles for Crime Justice & America. Mr. Dósa has also been Adjunct Professor at the National Hispanic University and Instructor in law at California State University, East Bay.
He is a member of First Covenant Church in Oakland, California, and he formerly served on the Christian Action Commission of the Evangelical Covenant Church of America. He currently serves as a member of the Alameda County Salvation Army Advisory Board and has also served as board member for Junior Golf Resources, Crosstown Community Center, and People Care 4 Day Care, and he was appointed to and elected as Chair of the Alameda County Advisory Board on Alcohol Problems.
Legal Articles Published
- THEY ARE SPEAKING IN CODE–What Kind of Motion or Waiver is That? in Crime Justice & America, 2008
- Speak for Yourself and Help Yourself: Preparing for the Probation Interview in Crime Justice & America, Summer 2007
- Restitution is Payback–What Goes Around, Comes Around in Crime Justice & America, Winter 2007
- Contributed to Former Technology Column, State Bar Journal, WordPerfect Keystrokes Shortcuts
Non-Legal Articles Published
- The Abolition of Man–Notes and Intro, C. S. Lewis Society of California, 2015
- Mere Christianity, Notes and Complete Outline of the Book, C.S. Lewis Society of California, 2008
- Reading Orthodoxy: Grasping Chesterton’s Thought Takes Heavy Lifting, Like Trying to Pick Him Up, C. S. Lewis Society Newsletter, Summer 2013
- Your Expert Witness at DMV License Suspension Hearings, The Private Defenders, Annual Meeting, 2011
- Key Essentials of Effective Wills, for NBI 2 day Seminar, Estate Planning from A to Z, July 20 and 21, 2015, Oakland, California013
- Expert Witnesses, The Private Defenders, Northern California Meeting, 2010
- Key Essentials of Effective Wills, for NBI 2 day Seminar, Estate Planning from A to Z, Dec. 12 and 13, 2013, San Francisco
- Client Screening and Intake, for National Business Institute (NBI), 2 day Seminar, Estate Planning from A to Z, Dec. 12 and 13, 2013, San Francisco